I'm thinking about reworking the default navigation in Telescope. The differences would be:
- The primary navigation (on the left) would only contain Categories and Search.
- The View menu would become a filter bar above the post list.
- The Admin link would become an item in the User menu, and admin screens (such as Settings or Feeds) would contain their own sub-navigation.
I think this simplifies the navigation, and also makes more sense if we want to enable per-category Top/Best/New pages in the future. What I still need to figure out is:
- How do we handle admin-only posts lists like Pending and Scheduled?
- Where do the Daily and Single Day views fit in? Does it even make sense to expose links to them? Should they only remain as default view settings? (after all, exposing links to both the Top and Daily views doesn't seem that useful).